[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Help Me Understand What I'm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Palmer

This is more a case of helping me to understand the impact of what I've done. OE 10.2B08, Win64. A customer phoned up to say that their application is slow and hanging a lot, could I take a look. I logged on and found that they weren't running an AIW, but had After Imaging and OE Replication running. So first things first I started up an AIW (and changed the startup script to include one). I changed a few other parameters that will come into force after the next restart, but this is a good starting point. So, what I'm seeing. All this is taken from ProTop's free web interface. 1) AI Empty waits have gone down from 0.5-1 to practically 0. What is the impact of this on the user? 2) AIW write % has gone up to around 85% from 0 as expected. 3) BI Busy waits have increased from 0.02. Is this a concern? 4) BI Write % has dropped from ~85% to ~45%. What is the reason for this, and the impact, if any? Read/Write activity has remained reasonably constant.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.