Progress calculation of value of down in a frame

jchellap

Hi,

I am facing an issue in identifying the logic of how progress identifying the value of default max value of down statement in a frame.

for example, for the below query :

for each item no-lock:
display item-num item-name price.
end.

In the item table, the total records is 260 and the number of records displayed in the frame is 20.
In all total we will have here 13 iterations of the same frame to see all the 260 items.

But when the query is:

for each item no-lock:
display item-num item-name price with 253 down.
end.

Here system is displaying first 252 items in the first time and then upon space bar it show the last item in next iteration. My question is even if we have given in the statement as display with 253 down, how system is identifying that 252 is the boundary limit for the current frame and separating the 253rd record to the next iteration of the same frame. Why system is not able to display the 253rd item also in first iteration of the frame. I want to understand how system is deciding the limit as 252 here.

Pal

Hi,
There are 253 lines: The first line is the label, the other 252 lines are the data.
Use the NO-LABELS option to show data in the all 253 lines.

RealHeavyDude

The max number of rows that can be displayed are defined by the terminal settings ( ChUI ) or the default window ( GUI - ini ). If you specify a number a higher number the AVM will automatically add a vertical scroll bar to the frame.

Is there a particular reason why you define the maximum number of rows in a down frame that large?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.