Program running in CHAR mode in Eb2.1

adrian.perez

Hi there,
i have a custom program and the MFG/PRO eb2.1 version, but when i run it, it only runs on char mode. I right-click on the program, and the only option it has is Open with: Terminal ( i don't know if in english is the same option, i'm running mfg in spanish ) Anyone can tell me why ??

what interface are you using? GUI/CHUI/Desktop, when you right click on a program you want to edit it or execute it?

barton

Hi there,
i have a custom program and the MFG/PRO eb2.1 version, but when i run it, it only runs on char mode. I right-click on the program, and the only option it has is Open with: Terminal ( i don't know if in english is the same option, i'm running mfg in spanish ) Anyone can tell me why ??

could you copy picture from screen?

adrian.perez

Ok, let's see...
i'm using the desktop interface, of which i'm attaching a screenshot.
The code was written by the company i work for now. The menu calls a program named xxblac1mt.p, which define a logical variable and calls, with gprun.i, the real program, xxblcjdcmt.p, which does all the job.
I'm attaching both files.
The x0gvmfg.i just does some global-defines for configuration purposes.

i hope that with this data you can help me.

thanks !!!
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Attachments

• xxblcjdcmt.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 7
  • xxblac1mt.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 5
  • qad_terminal.jpg
    qad_terminal.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 16

adrian.perez

mmm, the 36.13.4 is the Maintenance for the default printer... i set it on page for the 7.14.1.17, where i have my custom program, and the user i'm using, but nothing changed...

in ver 2.10 you click on the 'abrir con' you must be getting options select one you want.
Are you getting these as available options are
Desktop,
Desktop (Web Browser).,
WebSpeed. ,
Browse Viewer
Terminal

adrian.perez

The only option in the "abrir con" is Terminal. For the other programs i have the other options, no problem, but for this particular one, it only shows one option, Terminal.

Adrian. I studied your program it doesn't have any output , Its a maintenance program. What are you trying to do? what do you want?

adrian.perez

yes, it's a maintenance program. what i want is that it runs on other mode than Terminal, Desktop specifically, like it should.

The output to option has nothing to do with your program. The program has to be set up as desktop program and you have to do desktop rebuild.

Look at qad web site for step by step guide to do this.

W.Wulmsen

Hello mister Perez

First define your program in 36.4.4.
Then create a security record under 36.3.21.1.
In this program
In the first frame
- type the program name without .p.
In the second frame you can :
- first field : define the icon you want to use.
- Second field : Weblogic use this only for the grafical browser related programs.
- third field : define default Desktop / terminal

William W.