probkup and email alerts ?

egiblock

i have no experience really with this server, so bear with me on this if i am wrong.

we have progress 9.1b on a unix server. from what i am gathering, we have a probkup run every night to backup the database. it then sends an email message to a user stating that the backup is complete.

the user no longer works for the company, and has informed me that he still gets the email messages.

my question:

1. how / where do i get the email configuration for the backup?

2. what file do i edit so he no longer gets it, and so i can just put my email in it's place.

3. are there any good resources out there to explain the 'probkup' in better detail (i haven't searched google just yet)

thanks for any help you guys can give.

'

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
There is no built-in functionality in Progress as shipped that will run a probkup and send an e-mail. So, what you have is a shell script, almost certainly being run by cron. So, look around for a cron job that contains the probkup and you will undoubtedly find the mail. Chances are it is a simple script with his name hardwired. In fact, there is half a chance that the guy getting the e-mail wrote the script and could tell you about it.

For more information on probkup, I recommend the manuals. They are on-line on PSDN, although I don't know if they have ones as ancient as 9.1b.

taqvia

As Suggested by Thomas just look for the backup script which might be running as cron. just search for mailx in the script and find the recipients name. It may even be mail alias if then edit the mail aliases .

Arshad