NEW: Today's Active Topics

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just added another new feature to ProgressTalk.com: Today's Active Topics. This will show the last 25 active discussions, with the subject and summary of the last post made. Just click on "Today's Active Topics" on the main page! You can also see Topics with No Replies and Hot Topics from this link as well.

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com

eva2000

hi ya chris thought i'd say hello as well as mention those active topic links all lead to 404 not found pages ..

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eva-

Thanks for pointing that out... actually those are onld links to my *cough* UBB active topics list. I am still working on active topics for this board. Actually I really like what you did with your forum's homepage and was thinking about doing something similar here :)

-Chris

eva2000

yeah... now i am considering lightening up that front page cause it does load kind of slowly.... just sent a support request to see if my host can do a free upgrade of php4.02 and install the zend optimser on my server...

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eva-

You're running RedHat right? If you would like, I could help you install the PHP upgrade if Rackspace won't do it free of charge. Just let me know :)

Also, I noticed that a few of those PHP includes are using on that front page have inefficent MySQL queries, I started to play around with optimizing a few of them before implementing them over here... I'll post the code changes over on the vBulletin forums when I am finished.

-Chris

eva2000

Originally posted by progresstalk
Hi Eva-

You're running RedHat right? If you would like, I could help you install the PHP upgrade if Rackspace won't do it free of charge. Just let me know :)

Also, I noticed that a few of those PHP includes are using on that front page have inefficent MySQL queries, I started to play around with optimizing a few of them before implementing them over here... I'll post the code changes over on the vBulletin forums when I am finished.

-Chris
oh so that's where you've been :D no wonder my frontpage loads very slowly .. i decided to up my php.ini's max memory to 16MB now and everything is going well handling a peek 75 concurrent users at a time :D