New ProgressTalk.com Home Page!

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
We just created a brand new entrance page here at ProgressTalk.com. At the top left, there are links to view new posts since your last visit, all post in the last day, or all posts in the last week. At the right are the standard links for your profile, register, member list, FAQ, search engine and forum home page.

In the left column, we have links to forums based on how active they are. In the middle are the 12 latest active topics with a direct link to each topic. In the right column at the top are the top posters here at ProgressTalk.com and below that are topics that have not yet been replied to.

Please let us know what you think, any comments are appreciated :)

-Chris

mpowell

New Homepage

Here are my views on the new front page.
1)It is extremly cluttered and difficult to read/find what you want.
2) It is a good idea to have the last postings available, so when you come to the site you can see whats new, but are the links down the sides really needed, this is where the problem is in reading and being cluttered.

Other wise keep up the work, its an excellent site and resource to the progress community.
Regards

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the comments. I decreased the number of links in the top posters, unanswered topics, and forum lists to make them a bit easier to follow. I also elimated the left column, going from 3 columns to 2 in order to lay everything out a little bit better.

HTH.

-Chris