New Look for progresstalk.com

What do you think about the new changes?

• a:9:{i:21;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:21;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"85159";s:5:"title";s:22:"I love the new co

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I've just changed all of the colors for ProgressTalk.com for the pages and button images. Hopefully you'll like the new look better. I also reorganized some of the forums at the same time to hopefully make things easier to find. Also, the summary page that was at www.progresstalk.com has been replaced by the forums themselves, removing the summaries of the last 10 posts, along with the lists to the top posters, unanswered topics, and most active topics. Please let me know if there are any of these features that you will miss and I will try to bring them back in some fashion.

Please feel free to post any comments here, or just vote on the poll to let me know what you think of the new changes. :)

tdi

Progress Fan
please, bring back the features :(

:( :( :( I really miss all the features you trimmed away :( :( :(

plese give us color customization.

Thanks anyway for such a great service...

Octavio

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Re: please, bring back the features :(

Originally posted by tdi
:( :( :( I really miss all the features you trimmed away :( :( :(

Hi Octavio,

Yes, I didn't realize how many people used those summaries, but I am now going to find a way to add those back this week. For now, you can still access them at http://www.progresstalk.com/oldpages/

plese give us color customization.

I also added an option to use the old progresstalk.com colors of light/dark blue. Just go into your user control panel, and Edit Options. At the very bottom, there is a selectable style set, you can choice either default or the old progresstalk.com style from there.

Thanks for the feedback,
Chris

dkellgren

Please, please, please bring back the old summary page. My world has been dark and empty without it. I feel like I'm back in the days of the PEG. This board is so far superior - I think not having it is a determent.

(sorry - I don't mean to slam the PEG, I just don't use it any more since I found this board) :)

Honestly, my usage and responding has gone WAY down since not having the unanswered and recent posts in the forums... I always started there and tried to help where I could... since it's been gone, I don't think I've answered a post since (shame on me, but it is what it is).

But thanks for running this board Chris - with or without the old page, it ROCKS!

-dk-

=====================
I just saw this: http://www.progresstalk.com/oldpages/

THANX CHRIS!!!!
======================

I go away for a month, and when I get back......

It looks as though 99% of the posts are imported from the peg.

Are they importing our input as well? Are we heading for a merged system?

I hope not. I know some of the less kind peggers referred to progresstalk as a "barren wasteland". But it was OUR barren wasteland.

It was cosy and you got to "know" fellow posters. You got answers instead of links to some company trying to sell you their product or their solution.

From what I've seen since I got back, things are looking bad.

dkellgren

Let me just put my plug in for the board...

The format of ProgressTalk is SO far superior to the PEG.

The problem is that the "old Progress guru's" have used the PEG for 100 years now and they're used to and comfortable with it.

I've been in Progress for 7 years now, and I used the PEG a little, but being a pure posting board, found that it has really limited functionality. Sure you had the cream of the crop reading and posting on it, but it was 1980's technology and formats. It's barely up to 1990's standards even now, in my opinion. You still have the best knowledge base on it, but you have to technologically go backwards when you're in it.

I think ProgressTalk is the wave of the future - I hope some of the "good old boys" will give a serious try and switch over.

-dk-

Crittar

Having tried both PEG and ProgressTalk I have to agree with dkellgren and Norman - ProgressTalk IS one of the best "discussion forums" around - and one of the friendliest (imho).

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much for the comments.... in fact, I would like to setup a little group of people to bounce ideas off of, as I really want this to be our site, and not just mine :)

So anyone that has 20 or more posts here and would be interested in sharing any ideas you might have, please feel free to send me a private message

Thanks!

Progress talk is sooo much better than the PEG.

The PEG contained so much dribble I had to unsubscribe from it.

The search on progress talk is a very useful tool, I use it in conjunction with the PKB.