Looking to dump my progress db to a .sql file?

dayv2005

I wanted to export my database in progress to a .sql file. So i could load a schema up in a mysql database. I was looking at the database admin and found the migration of progress to ms sql. When i run that it keeps giving me an error saying that it was outputed to the log file. The only log file i found was blank and wasn't sure if this was the right way to go. Does anyone else have any other solutions?

DevTeam

Hi,

I don't know what tool you used, but I tried with the "Dump as CREATE TABLE Statement" utility (found in the "PRO/SQL" menu entry) and it worked fine, generating 1 file for the table structure and an other one for the table indexes.

And no log file mentionned... :confused:

EDIT : however it only generates files about table structure, not files containing "SQL-formatted" data, so it could not be enough for what you want to do

dayv2005

Where can i download this at. It might not be exactly what i want, but it might be the closest thing out there for me. And just modify it from there.

DevTeam

This feature is available in the Data Dictionary.

If you're running on Windows, you can find this in the "Tools/Data administration" menu entry. Then, in the new window, PRO/SQL/Dump as CREATE TABLE statement.

HTH

dayv2005

Haha i was just about to post a response saying disregard my last one. It's early here still and i wasn't paying much attention and then i realized that it was in the DD. Thanks. I'm going to see what i can do with this. Appreciate the help.

fraso

Hi, I tried the same. After I go to

tools/
data administration/
PRO/SQL

I have selected my database and a table. When I try
to PRO/SQL Drop Down, the DUMP AS CREATE TABLE is not
clickable.... it is only gray.

what can I do ?

When I trie a little bit, I got the msg "There are no views in this database to select".

thx,
fraso