Load of Sales orders

Sarah777

Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've been put on a project which requires me to load sales order details from our legacy system into mfg/pro. Unfortunately, we don't have the sales order module in mfg, so I can't use a cim load.

Is there any other way I can get the information in, as we want to use mfg to handle our debtor maintenance.

Mfg 9.0 Sp1
Progress 8.3b
Hp ux

We plan on upgrading in the near future to Progrss 9.1d and EB2

Thanks for your advice

Sarah

rbaggetta

Try the following below, it was taken from the MFG/PRO website on the knowledge base. I've been doing CIM's for our company and found it somewhat difficult, depending on what module you are trying to use. Some are real easy, other can drive you nuts.

If you don't have the module purchased, you can see if they have given you the program by typeing it in on the command line.
Without the program, you cannot load data.
rico
ID: 4.0.10001829.2048617

Solution: How to cim load into 7.1.1

Problem Description
How to cim load into 7.1.1

Problem Environment:
MFG/PRO 8.6

7.1.1 Sales Order Maintenance
sosomt.p

Problem Description
How to CIM Load into Sales Order Mainenance

@@batchload sosomt.p
"so3739"
"lfcust"
"lfcust"
"lfcust"
-
-
-
"lf010"
-
1000 "ea"
-
-
-
-
-
-
@@end
NOTE: This cim is for SO in single line, not using GTM

Sarah777

Thanks for the reply, but the system says we don't have that program currently installed, so I guess we need to look for another way.

bruce

Hopefully pending invoice maintenance would be available to you 7.13.1 . If it is this will allow you to create an order and ship stock.

If not there is more than one way to skin a cat.

What do you want, you haven't got the sales order module yet you want historical orders?

dangaet

Sarah,

Let me give you a suggestion. From what I read in your request you only need to track your debtos in MFG/Pro. Why making it difficult in getting all the invoice history information into MFG/Pro?
In stead try to read in your outstanding debtors in the AR module. AR_MSTR and ARD_DET.

I have done something like that a few months ago.
Think about it, it saves you a lot of troubles, cause it is very difficult to do a cim in the sales order module and impossible when you do not have the sales order module.

regards,
Danny