Keywords - autocase and colour

stokefc22

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum... I couldn't see another suitable one.

The problem I have is that when using progress keywords in a string, in a message for example, the editor is recognizing the keyword highlighting it in blue and changing the case as applicable.

i.e.

"For the foreseeable......." would be become "for the foreseeable"

This may not seem a hug problem but it is becoming more and more difficult to feed messages back to the user without using a keyword to start a sentence!

Does anyone know the setting I need to change to correct this please?

I'm using a windows 7 machine with OE 10.2b service pack 3

Thanks in advance.

LarryD

You might want to post your code as what you are asking is not exactly clear (at least to me). Be sure to include the code within the code tags.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I know the exact problem you're talking about. In my case (and probably more easily understandable for others) I have all keywords as capitals. So... "We give customers a bonus for each time they log a request." becomes "We give customers a bonus FOR EACH TIME they LOG a REQUEST.".

Now the bad news is that I don't have the issue at my current job, but had it at my previous job and I can't remember what the fix is! I will do some googling though and report back if I find anything.

stokefc22

Cringer, you are a star thank you.

However please excuse my incompetence but I'm struggling to interpret what it is saying....

I looked in the registry editor and I have the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PSC\PROGRESS\10.2B and then the only sub folder is the proedit sub folder. Is the post saying I need to add the subfolders startup\editorConfigPathini??

Once again sorry to pester...
Thanks

Cringer

Staff member
Hmm I just looked too and it's less than clear!! lol Maybe someone else knows?

LarryD

Thanks Cringer for the clarification... NOW I understand. But can't help with this since I rarely use my Windows OE editor.

KrisM

As far as i know you do not need to edit your registry for this.
In the progress editor you open menu Options/Editing Options...
Then you click on the Options... button.
There you can set Keyword case to None.

Cringer

Staff member
No that's not the solution because it will then no longer case the keywords in the situations where you actually want it to. There must be a solution whereby it ignores keywords that are actually strings. In fact I know there is because I implemented one at my last job. I just can't remember what it was. I seem to remember it being a registry edit though.

To the OP, maybe the best thing to do is to raise a support call with Progress. When you get the answer post it here in case others have the issue :)

stokefc22

Hi KrisM, thanks for your comment but as Cringer points out this isn't really what I want to do. I'm trying to get the technical department to have at look at it for me and if I have no joy here then I'll do as Cringer suggests and log a call with progress.

Thanks Guys.

stokefc22

OK, so I got bored of waiting for the 'technical department' and did what I probably should have done before even posting on here and searched the knowledge base! I came across the article below and would you believe it.. it worked!!

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/4GL-keywords-inside-string-literals-are-being-colorized-and-translated-to-upper-case?retURL=%2Fapex%2Fprogresskbproduct&popup=false

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully someone else can benefit from me creating the thread at some point in the future...

Cringer

Staff member
Wow excellent piece of sleuthing there and thanks for posting the solution. Much more elegant than hacking registry... lol