Java connecting to 4gl

sachin4gl

hi ,

I have to write a java client for a progress 4gl webs service which takes table name and where clause as a input and return dymanic temp-table as output .

kindly guide me how can i do i t.

regards,
Sachin Gaur

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Re: call progress 4GL from vb.net

Moving this to a new thread. Things get massively complicated to follow otherwise.

RealHeavyDude

From the client technology point of view it does not matter in which technology the service is built as long as it follows the Web Service standards - which Progress does. Therefore there is no Progress-related advice on how to call a Web Service from Java. That's the whole idea behind Web Services. You need to post the question "how to call a web service" in a Java forum.

The one thing I can tell you is, that there is no other technology than Progress that has a Temp-Table type like the one Progress has. Therefore the Temp-Table is always transported as XML structure over the web service interface. It's just that a Progress client has knows how to handle Progress Temp-Table and the ABL automatically converts it back into a Temp-Table from the XML. But that only works if both, the service and the client are Progress.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.