Is OpenEdge Management console available for OE10.0B

I am using OE10.0B. I want to migrate to Windows Server 2008 but unfortunately PET (Progress Explorer Tool) doesn't work on WS2008.
Is there a OpenEdge Management console available for OE10.0B? or any workaround that help me use PET on WS2008?

regards

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
0) I have no idea (see #2).

1) Why would you want to use exploder anyway?

2) OE10.0B is ancient, obsolete and unsupported. It is long past time to upgrade. You are upgrading the server, why aren't you upgrading Progress?

3) You can use proserve or dbman at the PROENV command line with Windows 2008.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
10.0B isn't supported on Server 2008. You need at least 10.1B for Server 2008, and at least 10.1C for Server 2008 R2. There is some ambiguity on this in the current Product Availability Guide (http://download.progress.com/open/openedge/pag/openedge_10_availability_guide_2011_05_06.pdf). The information on pages 2 and 6 seems mutually contradictory. Product Support told me to look at page 2 (the more restrictive of the two), and that they will remove the ambiguity in the next release of the guide.

I believe OE Explorer was introduced in 10.2A. If you need Progress Explorer you can run it on a different computer with an older, supported OS (see note N in the guide).

Anyway, I'm with Tom. Upgrade if you can. If Windows is your choice (or your only option), go with the 64-bit database on Server 2008 R2.

10.0B isn't supported on Server 2008. You need at least 10.1B for Server 2008, and at least 10.1C for Server 2008 R2. There is some ambiguity on this in the current Product Availability Guide (http://download.progress.com/open/openedge/pag/openedge_10_availability_guide_2011_05_06.pdf). The information on pages 2 and 6 seems mutually contradictory. Product Support told me to look at page 2 (the more restrictive of the two), and that they will remove the ambiguity in the next release of the guide.

I believe OE Explorer was introduced in 10.2A. If you need Progress Explorer you can run it on a different computer with an older, supported OS (see note N in the guide).

Anyway, I'm with Tom. Upgrade if you can. If Windows is your choice (or your only option), go with the 64-bit database on Server 2008 R2.

OK, thank you for all informations.