initial-dir of system-dialog get-file

netfreaky

Hi,

Does anyone know how to initialize the initial-dir of a get-file system-dialog to "My Computer"?

I did already find out with a get-dir system-dialog that choosing "My computer" returns an empty string. Initializing the initial-dir property of the get-file system-dialog to "" sets the initial directory to the current directory.

(ps: I want this because we only show network drives to our users and the files they will have to choose can be on 2 different network drives with a 50/50-rate)

facts:
Version Progress: OpenEdge 10.1B

Thx in advance,

Netfreaky

dayv2005

I have no idea, but being that i had a similar question i wanted to ask in here as well. Don't worry im not intending on hijacknig your thread. I figure this way we might be able to get 2 questions done with one answer.

But we use to run citrix meta frame. and when we were working in one of our several published apps when we would have desktops for these apps and clicked to open a a .w .p file, the directory would default to the app we were in.

now that we are using terminal server this doesn't happen so i was wondering if there is a way to set a default directory for each app that we use.

Is there some sort of environment variable we have to pass in our shortcut?

netfreaky

I have no idea, but being that i had a similar question i wanted to ask in here as well. Don't worry im not intending on hijacknig your thread. I figure this way we might be able to get 2 questions done with one answer.

But we use to run citrix meta frame. and when we were working in one of our several published apps when we would have desktops for these apps and clicked to open a a .w .p file, the directory would default to the app we were in.

now that we are using terminal server this doesn't happen so i was wondering if there is a way to set a default directory for each app that we use.

Is there some sort of environment variable we have to pass in our shortcut?

We use Citrix Metaframe as well, and I have the solution for you :)
One of the properties of your published application is the "working directory" (see screenshot attached). This will solve your problem, I think.

Greetz,

Netfreaky

Attachments

• citrix.JPG
    citrix.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 41

dayv2005

We use Citrix Metaframe as well, and I have the solution for you :)
One of the properties of your published application is the "working directory" (see screenshot attached). This will solve your problem, I think.

Greetz,

Netfreaky

Yeah my bad i think i might have forgot to mention something. We did use metaframe and moved over to terminal server. So i knew how to do it in metaframe jsut not termServer. Thanks though for the sudden response. Greatly appreciated. i might see if i can use that info on our new server.

netfreaky

Yeah my bad i think i might have forgot to mention something. We did use metaframe and moved over to terminal server. So i knew how to do it in metaframe jsut not termServer. Thanks though for the sudden response. Greatly appreciated. i might see if i can use that info on our new server.

you're welcome...
In a normal windows shortcut, you just add the directory in "start in" (see screenshot :awink:)?

(we use citrix in 2 ways: published applications (mostly for using the secure gateway to log in through the internet; previous screenshot) and a "full desktop" (you get a normal desktop, where we use normal shortcuts; see screenshot attached for a connection to the same application)

another thing you probably need is to edit your progress.ini file and add the directory of your applications in the propath...

We use different a different ini-file and a different pf-file for each country (different source, different source location and different databases)

a normal shortcut to this app is the following:

target: "D:\Program Files\OpenEdge101b\bin\prowin32.exe" -pf "d:\progress\pf\database.pf" -p "d:\progress\belgium\mtw\301\dir\file.r" -ininame "d:\progress\ini\progressLiveV10.ini"

start in: "D:\Program Files\OpenEdge101b\bin\"

Hope this can help you?

Netfreaky

Attachments

• citrix.JPG
    citrix.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 26

dayv2005

for some reason that don't work. What start in does is sets your location so that all your files in that directory can be referred to relatively instead of having to use absolute location. Man this issue slowly is driving me crazy :eek::eek::eek:

But ohwell im sure i'll eventually figure it out.