import contents of .p files and execute it within progress.

itpragmatic

Experts,

I am a newbie to Progress. I have a created a database and i was able to create table in that db. Now i am dumping the files. tablename.p kind of files.

how should I use contents of .p (after dump this file is created tablename.p file) file. i want to know how i can import these contents now to execute the query (to create tables in the existing database)
the contents of .p files are as follows

DROP TABLE aj_purge_data_run_id.
CREATE TABLE aj_purge_data_run_id (
run_id integer FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'RUN ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'RUN_ID' DEFAULT 0,
config_id integer FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'CONFIG ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'CONFIG_ID' DEFAULT 0,
table_id integer FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'TABLE ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'TABLE_ID' DEFAULT 0,
parent_table_id integer FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'PARENT TABLE ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'PARENT_TABLE_ID' DEFAULT 0,
row_id character FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'ROW ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'ROW_ID',
parent_row_id character FORMAT 'X(8)' LABEL 'PARENT ROW ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'PARENT_ROW_ID',
config_table_id integer FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'CONFIG TABLE ID' COLUMN-LABEL 'CONFIG_TABLE_ID' DEFAULT 0,
row_num integer FORMAT '->,>>>,>>9' LABEL 'ROW NUM' COLUMN-LABEL 'ROW_NUM' DEFAULT 0
).

I would appreciate your ideas.suggestions.

Best regards.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
The commands you are using are SQL commands, not ABL. Don't Do That™

SQL in the Progress editor is SQL-89, ancient and deprecated and flaky, not for real work.
SQL via a separate SQL broker is SQL-92, better and very useful for reporting, but rarely the right way to manage the schema.
To manage schema, the easy and obvious thing to do is to use the data dictionary.
For passing changes to other databases use incremental .df files.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Do not ever mistake a Progress database for a SQL database.

Only pain and suffering are to be found down that road.

To dump (and load) data definitions (or data) use the data dictionary.