HOw to create Login/User in database

kunalpathak

We are using MFG Pro eb2 with Progress 9.1e we have two different databases. we have two databases set one is for MFG Pro with name Mfgprod and the other for MFG Ex with name mfgexc. I am trying to connect to the db in sql explorer with user sysprogress while i am able to connect to MFG Pro but not with MFG Ex

When i try to create login / user for this database using dataadministration utility of progress(login using blank user id and pwd) it gives error like

you can not access this function with blank user id and password

if i try to give userid which i am using for frontend works its giving error

your password/user dosnt match.

can anyone tell me how to create user in MFG Ex database where there is not primary users defined.

I am not able to login to sql explorer even.

Thanks to all in advance.

bulklodd

You have to create 'sysprogress' user in the mfgexc database using Data Administartion tool before connection. It's a special user which is available for both servers (SQL & 4GL). The rest SQL users you can create using CREATE USER sql-statement

kunalpathak

You have to create 'sysprogress' user in the mfgexc database using Data Administartion tool before connection. It's a special user which is available for both servers (SQL & 4GL). The rest SQL users you can create using CREATE USER sql-statement

THANKS BULKLODD FOR YOUR REPLY I TRIED AS ADVCD. BUT ADMIN MENU IS NOT ACTIVATED WITHOUT CONNECTING TO THE DATABASE.

NOW ONE MORE THING I TRIED I CONNECTED WITH BLANK ID PASS AND CHECED THE TABLE CONTENTS OF "_Sysdbauth" HERE I FOUND DETAILS AS BELOW:

"Administrator","y","y"
"SYSPROGRESS","y","y"

AND THE TABLE "_USER" HAS FOLLOWING CONTENT

"0","99","MfgEx","99"
"99","1","","99.1"
"99.1","1","","99.1.1"
"Mfg","Mfg","Mfg","Mfg"

PLS. HELP WITH HOW TO CREATE SYSPROGRESS USER OR IF IT IS ALREADY THERE THEN HOW TO KNOW THE PASS FOR IT.

THANK YOU BUDDY IN ADV.

bulklodd

Try the following code (run it from procedure editor)

Code:
FIND FIRST _user WHERE _userid = "SYSPROGRESS" NO-ERROR.
DELETE _user.
CREATE _user.
ASSIGN
   _user._userid   = "SYSPROGRESS"
   _user._Password = ENCODE("").

This code deletes the old SYSPROGRESS and recreates it with blank password.

HTH

kunalpathak

Thanks buddy

I tried your solution and it worked well :blush: but with the other database then what i intended ;p

anyways your continuous help gave me enough support to do further R&D and got success. Follow is what i did which may be useful to others

I logged in DatabaseAdministration with blank User ID and Password

Dump data content to .d file using "Dump Data Definition -> Table Contents" in Admin menu

then edited the .d file removed existing users and added one new user details

"SYSPROGRESS" "pjqtudckibycRKbj" "" ?

then i inserted back the data contents with "Load Data Definition -> Table Contents" in Admin Menu and restarted the Data administration and
succeed using sysprogress as login id with blank password

anyways thanks a lot for all the support you provided

Thanks and Regards

Kunal Pathak:lol:
Try the following code (run it from procedure editor)

Code:
FIND FIRST _user WHERE _userid = "SYSPROGRESS" NO-ERROR.
DELETE _user.
CREATE _user.
ASSIGN
   _user._userid   = "SYSPROGRESS"
   _user._Password = ENCODE("").

This code deletes the old SYSPROGRESS and recreates it with blank password.

HTH