Goddamm submitRow over-ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Tyler

:dead: :dead: :dead:
Please help,

Progress 9.1b - Appserver - Ever-looming deadline.

I have been scouring the forum for this getNewRow function that can be used within the submitRow override.

I am trying to check, within the submitRow, whether an entry is a newrecord so as to append the next userID from a progress sequence. This as I have seen from many posts is the preferred way of doing things.

It works in my development environment when I am connected directly to the database, when I am working from a remote SDO over the AppServer the function does not work.

Am I being completely thick, or what???? (do not answer :eek:) ).

Why will this not work or how can I get it to work? My boss is on my back to complete this little thing so as to release this application.

Thanks very very very much in advance.

Ashley Tyler.

Stefan De Leyn

Ashley,

I assume you have written your own function and are then calling the function from the client side in the SDO since it needs a database-connection.

With the appserver your function (and SDO) is running in the context of the AppServer you need to tell the client-side this fact in the following way :
Dynamic-function('YourFunction':u in Dynamic-function('getAsHandle':u in h_SDO), input-parameters if any).

If your AppServer is running in a Stateless mode you also need to include the following line immediately after this :
run unbindserver in h_SDO (input ?).

If you don't do this your AppServer will remain locked untill the end of the client-session !!! This needs to be done for any self-written function in an SDO by the way. Not for the Progress API-functions as these unbind themselves.

Hope my assumption is correct and that this solves your problem.