Error in Network Daemon

refurbished

Hello,

I am running Progress V9.1D :up: and so far have not had any trouble accessing the database via an odbc connection over the network. Well today I tried to access the database via an odbc connection over a VPN and got the following error:

[unixODBC][DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC 20101 driver][20101]Error in Network Daemon

:eek:

I can ping the database server from the command line using the local network address and I have other traffic travelling over the VPN without trouble. Any help / ideas? :confused:

Thanks for your time!
Adam

refurbished

Append

I should add that I the environment on the client machine is exactly the same as another client machine on the internal network (not over the VPN) and it has no problems with the connection. Same JVM, ODBC connection settings, etc.

Migs_VI

Re: Same error in Network Daemon

I do have the same problem also
[DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC Progress Driver]Error in Network Daemon

Migs_VI

Thanks for the assistance but I still do have error I did not use any vpn connection just the IP address. I'm just a newbie in the application pertaining to the journal I've already access the CF database using the ODBC and It's successful. Are you familiar with C-Cure application? If yes I'm trying to access the Journal database based on the manual i have to create a batch file to activate or start the server once activated I will use the ODBC to access that server.

Migs_VI

Thanks for the assistance but I still do have error I did not use any vpn connection just the IP address. I'm just a newbie in the application pertaining to the journal I've already access the CF database using the ODBC and It's successful. Are you familiar with C-Cure application? If yes I'm trying to access the Journal database based on the manual i have to create a batch file to activate or start the server once activated I will use the ODBC to access that server.

Thanks,

regulatre

Download a packet sniffer such as WireShark and monitor the VPN interface while you try to connect. This will reveal what it really taking place. Make sure not to monitor the internet interface because that will be encrypted and wouldn't be of any help.

If I had to make a guess, I'd says that if you get the error right away, the packet is being redirected or deflected by the VPN firewall. If the error doesn't come up right away (times out) then there may be a problem with the NAT on the VPN server.

If it's a NAT problem on the VPN server, you would see your connection requests going out to the server IP, and the response coming back from a different IP. When you get the sniffer installed, post the packet dump of the connection packets on the VPN interface and we'll help analyze the output.

If you're trying to connect outside of the VPN then just monitor the interface you're trying to connect on.

Thanks,