Error in Database startup. (JUNMsg030)

TimS@EK

So i am very green when it comes to Progress. I am trying to start a database and I get a message that the database is unnetworked and do I want to proceed. If I choose Yes I get the error "Error in Database startup. (JUNMsg030)" I have know idea how to resolve this issue. Can someone please help me with this?

What version of Progress?

What platform?

Is this a stand alone installation or is it part of a partner supplied solution?

How are you attempting to start the database? (Command line, clicking an icon, Progress Exploder, ProControl, admin server ...)

What version of Progress? OpenEdge 10.0B

What platform? Server 2003

Is this a stand alone installation or is it part of a partner supplied solution? It is installed on a SQL server which is part of a network.

How are you attempting to start the database? (Command line, clicking an icon, Progress Exploder, ProControl, admin server ...) Progress Explorer Tool/right click on database/Start

Any help you can provide for me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tim Schroeder

Message 30 is just a generic "it didn't work" message. There are generally one or more other messages preceding it that indicate the real problem.

"Not networked" doesn't mean much to me. I would guess that it might mean that you haven't specified a service (-S). But, by itself, that shouldn't prevent the server from starting.

I'm also a bit puzzled by "installed on a SQL server which is part of a network". Are you just using generic terminology to describe a box intended to support a database that happens to be on a network or are you specifically referring to a box that runs Microsoft's SQL Server database? If the later does that imply that you are somehow trying to connect a Progress session to MS SQL Server?

Hello, I have a similar problem.

Cannot start database on localhost:20931:"databasename". This Process ends with outgoing code 1. (8619)(JUNMsg024).

do someone have an Idea ?

Thanks

Mircea

ID: P83077
Title: "Errors JUNMsg030 and JUNMsg024 when starting database from the Progress Explorer Tool."
Created: 06/04/2004 Last Modified: 02/02/2005

Facts:
# Windows

Symptoms:
# Errors JUNMsg030 and JUNMsg024 when starting database using Progress Explorer.
# ** This process terminated with exit code 1. (8619) (JUNMsg024)
# Error in database startup. (JUNMsg030)
# In the defaultServerGroup properties the service name is used, instead of a TCP port number (-S)

Cause:
The service name used for the defaultServerGroup value (-S) is not defined with a corresponding TCP port number in the Services file.

Fixes:

In this case, either:

Replace the defaultServerGroup properties value with a unused TCP port number

- or -

Add the service name used for the defaultServerGroup in the Services file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

I am also getting the same error while starting Progress Explorer Tool/right click on database/Start

error in startup of database localhost:20931:sports2000. Message
Broker : this process terminated with exit code 1 (8619) (JUNMsg024)

I have assigned the port number 2011 (this port number is not used anywhere else) in the server group.

Have a look in the database log file. There you will see the exact cause as to why you are not able to start the database.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Where and how did you specify that the WebSpeed broker's agents should connect to a particular database at startup?

:) Thanks.

I forgot to mention the startup parameter for database using -db in broker properties -> agents.

This is my first thread in progress talk after I became member.

:) Thanks.

I forgot to mention the startup parameter for database using -db in broker properties -> agents.

This is my first thread in progress talk after I became member.

You should have a look into the log file of the WebSpeed agent. There you should see an error message giving you a clue as to why the WebSpeed can't connect the database you've specified.

Back