Dump and Reload 9.1E

apsrbstar

Hi everyone,

I hope I am not missing something in my search, but I have tried to find straight instructions within the forum and elsewhere on how to perform a Dump and Reload, with no luck.

I am running SX.enterprise 5.6.063, Progress 9.1E (and I am aware I should upgrade - technically, I think that is probably beyond my skills) on a red hat server. I want to archive some old data, and my software supplier advise that this action will require a dump and reload. They are also recommending that they do it a half day out of hours rate, but I'm sure I can do the job and save my company some money.

Is there a standard routine, I can follow?

cj_brandt

Dump and Load steps and hints are one of the most common progress topics there is. The info should be easy to find with a web search.

If you are starting from the very beginning, you will probably use 40 hours to research, script, test and implement the dump and load - figuring on a database less than 100gb. There is also risk involved - what happens if you forget to rebuild indexes or load a few tables. It is probably cheaper for your company to pay the vendor for a half day of effort.