Delete in batchmode

ovf

I just realised that it is possible to delete several master data files – via std. qad screens in batch mode.

Earlier this wasn’t possible because it was impossible to send “F5 or CTRL-D” in a batch command. This is possible in many programs due to a new feature from QAD. (I don’t know when this was enabled! But 9.1 I think)

The new feature is only enabled in batchmode (batchrun variable set to true, be aware that QAD resets it in the menu system).

So this is what you need to do:

Create a new program: xxbatchrun.p

{mfdeclre.i}

DEFINE VARIABLE pgm AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

UPDATE

Pgm

WITH SIDE-LABELS VIEW-AS DIALOG-BOX.

Batchrun = true.

{gprun.i pgm}

Compile the program, and test – In some programs you will se that a one character extra field has been enabled. The fieldname should be “batchdelete”, if you enter an “X” here, the program reacts as if it got a “F5 or CTRL-D” when that is enabled.

I think this will help a lot of programmers out there.

Regards Ole

I just realised that it is possible to delete several master data files – via std. qad screens in batch mode.

Earlier this wasn’t possible because it was impossible to send “F5 or CTRL-D” in a batch command. This is possible in many programs due to a new feature from QAD. (I don’t know when this was enabled! But 9.1 I think)

The new feature is only enabled in batchmode (batchrun variable set to true, be aware that QAD resets it in the menu system).

So this is what you need to do:

Create a new program: xxbatchrun.p

{mfdeclre.i}

DEFINE VARIABLE pgm AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

UPDATE

Pgm

WITH SIDE-LABELS VIEW-AS DIALOG-BOX.

Batchrun = true.

{gprun.i pgm}

Compile the program, and test – In some programs you will se that a one character extra field has been enabled. The fieldname should be “batchdelete”, if you enter an “X” here, the program reacts as if it got a “F5 or CTRL-D” when that is enabled.

I think this will help a lot of programmers out there.

Regards Ole