Database Startup Error

rcgomez11

"The database was last used Wed Jul 13 13:40:08 2011."
"The before-image file expected Wed Jul 08:00:00 2011."
"Those dates don't match, so you have wrong copy of one of them."

These sentences display when i proserve my database, i know you have alot of ideas progressTalkers, i tried truncating, prostruct codes but i didn't solve the error, any suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks in advance progressTalkers.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
This is what it says it is ... the BI and DB don't match. Often, this happens when one does OS backup and restore or move and just doesn't get all the files. Your first and highest priority is to search around to try to find the correct files. Anything else is probably going to mean data loss.

If you absolutely, absolutely, absolutely can't find the matching BI file, I *think* you can get in with -F, but recognize that any use of -F implies the *expectation* of data loss. You are advised to do a dump and load in that eventuality.

You also might move this thread to Data Administration since data loss isn't exactly chit chat.

RealHeavyDude

Each file of the database has a last used time-stamp and they must exactly match. If they don't your database is corrupt and the question is only how bad the corruption is.

Your best bet is a restore from the last good backup and rolling forward you after image - you do have after image enabled?

If you don't you can try a truncate before image with the -F option, but, as tamhas already said you will lose data, the question is only how much and are you able to identify the corruption.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.