Database login failed with Crystal 2011 .NET and web application

ITM8815

We have installed Progress OpenEdge client 10.2A on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Using the 32 bit ODBC drivers, we are able to successfully connect to the Progress database using Crystal Reports 2011 Designer. However, when we attempt the same connection on the report through a web application using ASP.NET 4.0, we get the error "database login failed" even though we have verified login credentials several times.

Does anyone know of any issues connecting through a web application?

Thanks in advance.

RealHeavyDude

You say that you have verified that the login credentials are correct. Did you verify them in a SQL tool or did you look into the data administration's user list?

The reason I am asking is because SQL92 security is not setup out-of-the-box and users defined on the 4GL engine (in the data administration tool) need to be granted privileges on the SQL92 engine before you can use them.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

ITM8815

We have verified the login credentials by connecting through the Crystal Reports Designer and running the report. Using the same credentials fails when executing the report in the web application. We also successfully tested the connection when setting up the ODBC DSN.

My feeling is that the problem is not one of failed credentials, but of security. The error being returned is database login failed but it may be due to insufficient permissions allowed to the web application to access drivers or other needed files. However, as of yet we have been unsuccessful solving this problem.

We run OE 10.1C and Crystal 11 ActiveX using an XML data source for our reports. With that said, I'm not sure if this applies in your case or not, but we will receive that error if the database schema has changed and the Crystal Report has not been updated. Something else to check, at least...

ITM8815

Thanks for the reply, but I am not sure that is the problem as the report runs properly in Crystal Reports Designer. However, we will check that angle out.