Contractor Role in Richmond, VA

andyfrank

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]I'm working on an immediate 6 month contract position looking for a Progress 4GL developer. I have included a job description. Please give me a call or send me an email when you get a chance if you would like to consider this position. Please forward all resumes to wahid.osmani@udig.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Responsibilities:
¨ Perform coding and related analytical activities as part of the Programming group within the Development area of Technology Resources, specifically to enhance and maintain software applications related to finance and claims management

Minimum Qualifications:
¨ Experience or demonstrated ability in developing applications on the Progress platform (database and application server) version 9 or higher
¨ Considerable experience or demonstrated ability to read, write, and maintain code written Progress 4GL
¨ Experience or demonstrated ability in working with core web-based development technology including HTML, XML, and JavaScript
¨ Familiarity with message queuing concepts and software
¨ Familiarity and experience with Unix operating systems, preferably SUN Solaris
¨ Very good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving skills
¨ Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles and ability to apply this understanding to software development
¨ Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
¨ College degree in information systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience

Preferred Qualifications:
¨ At least two years of experience in developing on the Progress platform including experience with both GUI and character based applications
¨ Familiarity and experience with integration tools, preferably Sonic MQ, XQ, or ESB
¨ Experience with at least one of the following additional Microsoft programming languages: C#, VB.Net, or Visual Basic
¨ Additional knowledge and experience with at least one of the following Microsoft database platforms: SQL Server 7 or SQL Server 2000
¨ Previous experience with Rational Unified Process or equivalent process/tools used for modeling, change management, and source control
¨ Ability to transfer business and functional requirements into technical specifications for documentation and for other programmers to work from

Wahid Osmani
Udig Technologies
804-527-0005 ext.14
804-527-0054 (fax)
wahid.osmani@udig.com
www.udig.com

Udig_very_small.jpg

[/FONT]