Connecting via ODBC Fails

refurbished

I have a strange problem that has come up and I'm hoping someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction to get it working.

I have a PHP script that runs from the command line and connects to a Progress database via ODBC. The script also processes emails that a particular user (geek) receives. When I log in as 'geek' and run the script from the command line, the Progress connection is made with no issues. When the script is automatically launched upon receiving an email, the Progress connection fails with the following message:

[db_error: message="DB Error: connect failed" code=-24 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=" [nativecode=01000 [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/progress10/dlc/odbc/lib/pgoe1022.so' : libpgicu22.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory] ** odbc://<user>@progress10"]

Where <user> is an actual username. Currently I am thinking its an environment issue, however I have forced all non-trivial environment variables to be set in my PHP script and did testing to ensure the variables were there when launching the script off an email. The two big environment variables are:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/progress10/dlc/lib:/usr/progress10/dlc/odbc/lib
ODBCINI=/etc/odbc10.ini

I'm running RHEL 4 and Progress 10. Any help brain storming on this would be appreciated.

- Adam