Closing Global Requisitions

Ed.Nock

We have recently started using GRS and have an issue with closing an old requisition. It seems that the only person who can access a requisition to close it, is the user who created it in the first place. If that user is no longer with the business, then it cannot be closed, by a procedure acceptable to audit anyway.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered the problem and how they have gotten around it.

Ed.Nock

Thanks for the response Kchari, but which group are you talking about. I assume user group but all our users with access to global requisitions are in the same user group, but it still will not let any other user close the requisition. If anyone, other than the original owner, tries to access it we get a message "You must be the enterer, requestor or current route-to". Just to clarify, when I'm talking closing a requistion, I mean accessing the requisition via requisition maintenance and entering an "X" in status.

Ed.Nock

Thanks for the feedback.

We are using EB2.1.

Trying to Route the req doesn't work in a lot of cases either for the same reason in that most are still routed to the Requestor, so the only person who can route is the person who is no longer with us.

Ed.Nock

That is very much what I would like to do, but I have been told quite plainly that I am not to do that. Only other option I can see then is to have a customisation made for us that will let any user with the access close the requisition, and for it to create a log.