CIM Load Budget Maintenance

ttobba

Have posted this in another thread but i some sort of direction.

MFG/PRO Release eB 01
Progress 9.1E
Linux

I have created a cim file for Budget Maintenance. I am able to load the file using CIM Data load(36.15.1). the file loads fine with some errors pertaining to invalid accounts. When i try to run the batch proccessing from my progress program i encounter the following error:

** File input too long: @@ba. (557)
-------------------------------------

What is causing this error and how do i get around it? Thankz in advance.

Cim file
---------------------
@@batchload glbgmt.p
"2000" "10plan" "4005" "420" - - 2010
-
-
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
-
"11/08/10"
@@end

ttobba

Not running it from 36.15.1

I have ran the cim file using 36.15.1 and only get errors for invalid accounts which i have my progress program to account for that. But all of the groupings load in 36.15.1 and 36.15.2.

here is how i run it. I also do some validation in the prog aswell but that doesnt matter. I will not even load the first group it, just states file size is too large. I do not have this problem when using 36.15.1 & 2.

{mfdtitle.i}
output to log.out.
input from CIM.txt no-echo.
batchrun = yes.
{gprun.i ""glbgmt.p""}
batchrun = no.
input close.
output close.

mosfin

delete from your CIM.txt file these lines

from the error message:
i understand that your CIM file includes this line (while it should not)
@@batchload glbgmt.p
@@end
the program [glbgmt.p] tries to load the string
@@batchload glbgmt.p
into the Entity field, which is wrong
you should delete these lines, and add another line with dot "." in the end to exit program [glbgmt.p]

ttobba

I have removed the @@batch and @end before and it just causes errors and cannot load the data. It actaully fails on the first load. I am sure that my cim file is in the correct format. I use 36.15.1 & 36.15.2 and the data loads just fine. And throws me the errors where their are invalid accounts and loads all of the valid accounts correctly. I dont understand why i cant load it this way?? I have tried everything but i just cant seem to get it to even load the first group?

No worries, thankz for the reply.

mosfin

the principle is simple, although implementing it, sometimes gives you a headache :)
there are 2 way to do a CIM job :
1. using menus 36.15.1 & 36.15.2 and then you must have these two lines:
@@batchload glbgmt.p
@@end
and correct the errors indicated in report 36.15.3

2. running the CIM your self, from your progress code (as the one you attached here)
here, your CIM program (glbgmt.p) simply reads the input for all input fields from
your CIM file instead from the keyboard, here you don't need the two @@ lines
In the error you mentioned:
its clear that the program is trying to read the
@@batchload glbgmt.p
ubto the 1st input field, which is Entity. thats why you shouldn't include them using this method.
If after removing these two lines, you still get errors, try this:
2.a. If you run it on NET UI client, and your server is Linux OS, make sure you have chr(10) as line terminator ...instead of chr(13)+chr(10)
2.b. make sure your CIM file structure is correct, by examining the [log.out] file
by opening Progress Editor in CHAR client, and running your code, after line:
batchrun=yes.

I know, some CIM files, usually the ones involving many fiels, are troublesome, and almost all programmers have problems with them, even the experienced ones,
don't give up, i'm sure you will manage eventually.

my only question is, if the 1st method works OK for you, why do you try to use the 2nd method ?

ttobba

Oh i have tried. The only errors i get is invalid account codes and it seems that it just doesnt load that account. I'm loading almost 4,000 groups! I have cimed before using your method 2 (from progres code) before just fine with only a small amount of headaches.

My problem is that i would have to remove all of the accounts that are not active in order to get it to work right using progress code. The accounts codes that are not valid will have all 0's for the periods. So it doesnt really matter if they get loaded or not. I wanted to do some validation only to show the user what accounts were not loaded. But it might be a pain in the butt to remove all of the accounts first then process the cim. I rather just try to load all of the data and let it spit out errors for the accounts.

Im prob just gonna run a cron job and let the invalid data try to load. Thankz for you help in this post and in others.
Oh yeah, im running eB 01 and prog 9.1E little outdated :)

Namasiva

you could have created the CIM file in windows environment and try to upload the file in Linux O/S that may be the reason for these kind of error, try to change the file in UNIX format and upload it, it will work.

Thanks.