Broker

raviraju

what is broker in progress actually? and how we start broker i mean to say what is the correct way to start broker and db.

i know we have to start broker first and than db
and after shutdown we have to stop broker

but what is the exact use of this broker???

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Have you searched the forum or read the docs? Judging by the fact that I know the answer is here and in the docs then I'm guessing the answer is no.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
what is broker in progress actually? and how we start broker i mean to say what is the correct way to start broker and db.

i know we have to start broker first and than db
and after shutdown we have to stop broker

but what is the exact use of this broker???

If you are serious about learning about OpenEdge databases, read the Database Essentials manual in the OpenEdge documentation library. It has the answers to a lot of the questions you are asking. Chapter 3 has descriptions of OpenEdge DB files and components, including brokers, so skip forward to that if you have a burning need to know what a broker is. However you should read the entire manual, in order, to get the best understanding from it.

Once you have read that manual entirely, and understood it, move on to the Database Administration manual.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
There's a serious sense of deja vue with your post. This guy's a serial offender I'm afraid.