Batch processing

HarshKataria

Hi Mayank

first execute the report with any batchid
then go to option number [FONT=r_ansi][FONT=r_ansi] 36.14.3 Batch Request Detail Maintenance and check ur record with the help of down arrow
then
[FONT=r_ansi][FONT=r_ansi]
36.14.13 Batch Request Processor
[/FONT]
[/FONT] and enter your batch id number and execute the programme

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

mayank

thanks harsh

but how i set the parameter for run time and run date in 36.14.3 . actually i need to run this report daily 12 am.

mosfin

the scheduling of your batch is done outside MFG/PRO
using your server OS scheduler, e.g: in Linux you use crontab command to schedule your batches
ask your system administrator to set it up, you only need to give him the folder/name of your shell script
that starts up the job. prepare seperate folder for each schedule, for example:
for Daily(12am) batch programs, create folder: /mfgapp/batch/daily
put in that folder 3-4 files :
1) batch.sh (for Linux) or batch.bat(for Windows) - its a shell script that is similar to your Production Client start up script
except it has -b option (for batch mode) and -p batch.p (instead of -p mf.p)
2) batch.p (or batch.r) - which contains this:
Code:
INPUT from batchin.inp.
OUTPUT to batchout.out KEEP-MESSAGES.
PAUSE 0 BEFORE-HIDE.
RUN mf.p.
INPUT CLOSE.
OUTPUT CLOSE.
3) batchinp.inp (text file that its contents depends on your version of MFGPRO),
its actually CIM file, that runs the 36.14.13 Batch Request Processor
4) the .pf file for production client (or you can use the same .pf file from /mfgapp )

NOTE: if your daily batch report uses Date criteria parameter, and it reflect the current day (changes every day)
you should customize that report program, and initialize this criteria, AFTER the printer selection
i.e: after {gpselout.i
} or {mfselbpr.i} (depending on your MFGPRO version).
otherwise, your batch will run with same date every day (the same you see in menu 36.14.3)