Batch Id problem

mayank

Hi all,

we are facing one problem related to batch id. there is some batch is running in our ERP and user is selecting that batch during any report run by mistake and got some unuseful printout on printer when batch fire.

how can i control with that user can not make any batch. I tried with field security maintenance(36.3.19) but that field is not defined in QAD for security purpose.

Can Any One suggest me how to control such issue.

Thanks in Advance !

Best Regards,

mayank Sharma

nineinch

Just create a fake batch id with a name that comes up first when using arrow down key (like _blank)
It worked for me.

mayank

Hi nineinch,

Thanks for reply, but i want know how to make the this field secure so that only authorized user can accesss this.

can Any one suggest me.

Best regards,
Mayank Sharma

Qad doesnt provide this feature. You might want to modify gpselout.i . you can customize it according to field security. This will be considered as intrusive modification and you might want to test all reports in your UAT to see if it doesnt impact other functionality.
Which Version of qad you are using. Because i remember there used to a different include file prior to eB2.1( i might be wrong in version identification). This means you may need to modify more than 1 .i

mayank

Hii anand,

thanks for the reply !

we are using eb2.1 ver of QAD and There is menu option(36.3.19) field security maintenace what is use of this ?

if we modified the include file then there is need to recompiled the all code and also we want some reports in batch mode.

so this might cause of problem. kindly suggest

Best regards,

mayank Sharma

Field security feature provided by QAD is to allow additional security in some maintenence program. Keep in mind that you can't apply this feature to every field of MFG/Pro . There are certain fields only which posses this feature. I guess one is pt_status. When you press ctrl+F on this field in character mode you can see wheather field security is applied.
Well your post suggest you want to restrict access to batch field in all reports to certain group of people(in case of batch mode to batch userid) . I am not able to think different way other than Customization.
You might consider to devlop a program which will clean up the unnecessary reports from batches daily. You can run this in a batch daily just before your batch routine start. You can sort them by submitted by field in batch and apply your security term.
I hope this helps.

mayank

Thanks for reply anand !

I will write one customize code to delete such unuseful batch.

Best Regards,

mayank Sharma