[ASK] How to using Batch run a report

ryan_wu

i want make a schedule run some report

i create a batch ID and .bat file

the bat file

c:\DLC\bin\PROWIN32.EXE -pf C:\QADCLI\Producti.pf -pf mfglang.pf -ininame C:\QADCLI\PROGRESS.SVG <d:\report\mrp.txt> d:\report\output.txt

but,when i run this bat file

it told me "can't open file mfglang.pf errno 2. (1247)"

i follow this http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?114472-auto-batch-job-in-mfg-pro
do it

but i have no "CHAR mode"

our QAD system is 8.6E

is any one can help me ?

thank you

RealHeavyDude

Don't know anything about MFG/PRO in particular ...

But, the error message tells it all: Progress can't find the parameter file you specified ( -pf ). You either need to include the directory where it is located in your PROPATH or you need to specify the path to it relative to a directory that is in your PROPATH.

And, you do have "CHAR" mode. As soon as you have the client/networking runtime installed with the full install option you will also get the _progres.exe in the bin directory beneath the Progress installation directory. AFAIK, there were V9 versions of Progress where it didn't come when you did a typical install.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

ryan_wu

Don't know anything about MFG/PRO in particular ...

But, the error message tells it all: Progress can't find the parameter file you specified ( -pf ). You either need to include the directory where it is located in your PROPATH or you need to specify the path to it relative to a directory that is in your PROPATH.

And, you do have "CHAR" mode. As soon as you have the client/networking runtime installed with the full install option you will also get the _progres.exe in the bin directory beneath the Progress installation directory. AFAIK, there were V9 versions of Progress where it didn't come when you did a typical install.

I add the path after -pf "-pf C:\QADCLI\mfglang.pf",it is same , can not open mfglang.pf

I search all of disk, not program named _progres.exe, so ,I think I have no "CHAR mode"

RealHeavyDude

Did you check whether the parameter file really exists in the directory you've specified and you have permission to read it?