7.1.1 Freight List field issue

sreekuax

Hi ,

In 7.1.1 I am entering a date value to the field 'sod_det.sod_fr_list' with label Freight List.

7_1_1_imag.JPGAttached screen shot shows what I am trying to do. But while I enter the date and tries going forward it is showing me an error/warning 'Freight List 10/21/11 not found for Site 50000, Currency AUS'.

I checked in 36.20.1 and found that a browse is defined for this fields and its 'solu002.p'

Can any one tell me whether we can remove this so that I can go ahead with adding the date values in this field (sod_det.sod_fr_list)

mosfin

this field is reserved for Freight Charges you may want to apply
you cannot use it for your purpose (entering a date)
what purpose you try to achieve ?
IMO if you need extra date field for user entry, you need to customize the maintenence program

sreekuax

this field is reserved for Freight Charges you may want to apply
you cannot use it for your purpose (entering a date)
what purpose you try to achieve ?
IMO if you need extra date field for user entry, you need to customize the maintenence program

brother : we want to add the expiry date for the item in the SO, and we were just trying to use this field for that. But as u see its not aloowing us... without customization is there any other field in the menu 7.1.1 we can use that can be extracted from ih_hist or idh_hist later ?

mosfin

i would put it in line comments, although its not the best place for a date field
for example, in the 1st line (of line comments), put something like: ExpireDate:[mm-dd-yy]
it will be saved in cmt_det.cmt_cmmt[1]
and you can fetch it with:
Code:
def var i as int no-undo.
def var j as int no-undo.
def var d as date no-undo.
find cmt_det where cmt_indx = sod_cmtindx no-lock no-error.
if avail cmt_det and cmt_cmmt[1] matches "*ExpireDate:[.*]*" then do:
  assign
     i=index(cmt_cmmt[1],"ExpireDate:[")
     j=index(cmt_cmmt[1],"]",i)
     d=date(substr(cmt_cmmt[1],i + 12, j - i - 12))
     no-error.
  if error-status:error then message "Invalid ExpireDate".
  else message "ExpireDate:" d.
end.