27.10 (Customer Credit Review/Update) Comments load issue.

jchellap

Hi All,

I am trying to load the comments value in the menu 27.10.

Since the comment value is too long (More than 450 characters), in the CIM Load the field cmt_cmmt[1] is not able to hold it. So I am getting the error message "File input too long".

In the MFGPRO menu, I noticed that the cursor is moving from cmt_cmmt[1] to cmt_cmmt[2] only by pressing "Enter".

I am trying to split the comments value and to write into the fields cmt_cmmt[1], cmt_cmmt[2] but I am not sure how do I mention CIM sequence for "Enter" in the CIM program.

Here is the sequence I tried.
put unformatted '"' cmaddr '"' SKIP
'"' refnbr '"' SKIP
" - " SPACE
" Yes " SKIP
" - " SKIP
'"' comments '"' SKIP.
PUT "." SKIP.
PUT "." SKIP.
end.

the above sequence is working fine for the lines which has small comments and not for the big ones.

Can anyone suggest me good idea please? Thanks in advance !

daranroo7

Hi All,

I am trying to load the comments value in the menu 27.10.

Since the comment value is too long (More than 450 characters), in the CIM Load the field cmt_cmmt[1] is not able to hold it. So I am getting the error message "File input too long".

In the MFGPRO menu, I noticed that the cursor is moving from cmt_cmmt[1] to cmt_cmmt[2] only by pressing "Enter".

I am trying to split the comments value and to write into the fields cmt_cmmt[1], cmt_cmmt[2] but I am not sure how do I mention CIM sequence for "Enter" in the CIM program.

Here is the sequence I tried.
put unformatted '"' cmaddr '"' SKIP
'"' refnbr '"' SKIP
" - " SPACE
" Yes " SKIP
" - " SKIP
'"' comments '"' SKIP.
PUT "." SKIP.
PUT "." SKIP.
end.

the above sequence is working fine for the lines which has small comments and not for the big ones.

Can anyone suggest me good idea please? Thanks in advance !

Hi,
I guess character length for each line is 108 (do not remember exactly). Split your "comments" value accordingly and load the same within a loop.
The CIM character for "Enter" is "space".

Regards,
Daniel Ranjit.R

jchellap

Thanks Ranjit,

My MFGPRO Version is M F G / P R O Release 9.0 SP2.

And we have the field length 76
cmt_cmmt char[15] x(76)

I tried with Space and it is not working. I think space is for "Tab" Key.

The CIM sequence I know is
Tab -> Space
F1 -> SKIP
F4 -> ".".

Can anyone help me on this please?