webspeed with netscape

jan

We have a website which we developed using webspeed. A few years back, there were performance issues that lasted couple of weeks regarding that website. Our transaction server kept going down and we have pinpointed the problem. Our log showed that the point of failure comes from a user that is accessing our site with netscape browser.

Since that incident, we have blocked all users using netscape. Now I am investigating this issue again due to large number of customers complaining they cannot access our site w/o IE.

Do you think that there is some compatiblity issue with webspeed and netscape? Or is this just a hack?

We are using webspeed 3.1A.
Thanks.

jkrendal

jan said:
We have a website which we developed using webspeed. A few years back, there were performance issues that lasted couple of weeks regarding that website. Our transaction server kept going down and we have pinpointed the problem. Our log showed that the point of failure comes from a user that is accessing our site with netscape browser.

Since that incident, we have blocked all users using netscape. Now I am investigating this issue again due to large number of customers complaining they cannot access our site w/o IE.

Do you think that there is some compatiblity issue with webspeed and netscape? Or is this just a hack?

We are using webspeed 3.1A.
Thanks.
I have noticed similiar problems with Netscape 6. Basically if I have any output in a nested table, for some weird reason it does not display in Netscape. Never had any problems with Explorer 6.0.

Nestcape always had slow rendering problems with nested tables. Thats been fixed in mozilla engine, but this is a some new weird issue that I have just recently noticed.