Hi all I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but I'm pulling out my few remaining hairs. I am using the code quoted above on a Progress 9.1D db and for some reason it stops before dumping all of the tables. More specifically the last table it dumps begins with a "P" so any table alphabetically after that doesn't get dumped. Total files dumped is 578 at 950MB. I originally thought it was a disk space / format issue so I tried dumping to a different drive and ended up with the same amount of files. Any thoughts or suggestions? I appreciate any or all help.if we'll meet up, buy me a beer and we'll call it even
i've made a few more changes, had another look at the proc today and
fixed a glitch in the array export routine
i've used the -T param to specify the target drive and dir (note: the
params are case-sensitive)
and -param to specify the file query where clause, the default is now
"where not _hidden or _file-name = '_user'"
for example -
bpro -p dump.p -db x:\mydb -T z:\dump -param "where _file-name = 'item'"
heres a short recap
to compile -
bpro -p compile.p -rx
dump while database is offline
bpro -p dump.p -db x:\mydb -T z:\dump
dump while database is online
mbpro -p dump.p -db x:\mydb -T z:\dump -Bp 50
xml, pdf, office or open office docs with office xml schemas or odf etc.
are also doable.
its been fun, hope to talk to you again
Edit: Proenv does not display any error messages to assist with troubleshooting.