need help new to progress

jongpau

If you are using Windows, just have a look in the Program Group created by the Progress installation. There should be a nifty little thing there called the "Progress Explorer". It's a GUI tool to help you set up several different Progress services. For how to use the tool it is best to have a look in the documentation; it would go a bit far to explain all the options and parameters here. In any case, when you configure the broker with the Explorer you can choose to turn the SQL-92 broker on or off.

Now, the trick of course is that you will need to have a license for the broker AND during installation of Progress it has to have been installed (if you have a licenses, you can still choose not to install all sorts of things during the installation).

gcampbell

Ever heard of esupport.progress.com?

Maybe try searching there first .... your solution appears on the very first screen. Or search on solution Id P7843
Later,
Gordon

chefsride

Thank you both for your help I have looked at the progress explorer tool and the information on the progress support and I am not sure if I am doing what I need right or not. What would be a good test to figure out if the way I have configured everything is right.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Look in the database log. And see if both brokers are up and running and the secondary broker has servertype SQL.
I don't use Progress explorer for database management, but I bet there is some information of the processes started as well.

Casper.

chefsride

I thank you all for helping me and being patient as I am usually not. Where can I find good documentation on Procontrol or Proservices. I am trying to have it now so it starts up my database that I setup up with the secondary login broker to start when my computer starts and I was told that these were the things to look for but I have not been able to find any documentation on them.