Junior Progress Developer Resume - Seeking Position

phampton

Peter Court-Hampton
Home: 416-695-1707
Office: 416-964-0660 Ext. 3529
Email: phampton@mrs.com

Dear Human Resources,

I consider myself a self-starter, which requires minimal supervision. Having worked in the Mutual Fund and Securities industry for a well-known financial company for 4 years, in an intermediate level position, I have a proven track record. At the same time, I have attended night school to achieve my Information Systems Programmer/ Analyst Diploma in; C, C++, Java, (Java JSP/JDBC /VB ADO Active X), Visual Basic, SQL, and MS Access, and recently competed the PROGRESS 4GL V-9 Essentials tutorial. I am seeking a position in the information systems department.

I am a fast learner. Some of my past achievements include working closely with the Information Systems Department on the development and marketing of Mutual Fund Trading Systems, managing key Marketing/Systems Projects targeted towards the independent Financial Advisor, Broker, MFDA and IDA.

Given the chance I can exceed expectations. Past work experience includes the development and marketing of products such as Back Office Services, Equities and Fixed Income Trading Facilities, Core Business, Account Services, Registered Investment Products, and Group Investments. Other skills learned include creating and maintaining advertising campaigns throughout the country, conducting intensive industry research for the department, conducting design work, and providing supporting presentations for each product.

Please review the attached resume and feel free to contact me for further information. Company Personal Performance Appraisals are available upon request for your review.

Work Experience

Mackenzie Financial/MRS Group of Companies - 1998 - 2002

Position: Marketing Representative

Working in a supportive marketing role for the products of: Account services, Back office services, Core business, Group Products, Private Investor Services, MFDA compliance, IDA compliance.

Developed marketing materials, presentations, and gathered Advisor feed back for the development of the Mackenzie Mutual Fund Trading System Platform for Independent Financial Advisors.

Assisted in the department to achieve sales targets by measuring and reporting key statistics on competitors - Cold calls, Internet, newspapers, client feedback, and staying informed of competitive industry product features.

Supported Private Investor Services by writing web-site copy and posting to the company website, developing brochures, presentations, fielding FA calls on Equity and Fixed income trading services, and assisting in Dealer Presentations. Played a key role by setting advertising for the Quebec product launch. Executed call campaign to FA's to win their business. Handled company agreements.
Work Experience (Continued)

Provided front-line service and support on product inquiries from Financial Advisors and IDA members.

Created and distributed all MFDA and IDA compliance agreements. Answered questions by Dealers on current MFDA and IDA industry policies.

Represented the Product Managers and supported their products by attending committees and/or meetings, participating in internal and external product presentations, assisting on special campaigns, and providing service and support during seasonal peaks and volumes.

Assisted Group Products by conducting product research, answering product queries, and developing brochures for sales teams.

Education

PROGRESS 4GL V-9 – Essentials Tutorial – November 2002

Devry College Of Technology - October 2001 - October 2002

Information Systems Programmer/Analyst Diploma

Intermediate C/C++ Programming with OOP
Advanced C/C++ Programming with OOP
Intermediate Java Programming with OOP
Advanced Java Programming with OOP
Intermediate Programming Visual Basic 6.0 1 - 1&2
Advanced Programming Visual Basic 6.0 1 - 1&2
Database Components: SQL Programming (Java JSP/JDBC /VB ADO Active X), Oracle, MS Access

George Brown - College of Information Technology - Introduction to Programming Logic - 2001

Business Improvement Architects – Project Management Certificate - 2002

Bruner Business Communication Inc. – Effective business writing Certificate - 2002

IBEC School of Training & Consulting for the Graphic Imaging Sciences Industry - 1999

Print Production Basics Certificate

Humber College School of Business - Fall/Spring/Winter Semester -1995-1998

Business Marketing Diploma

General Computer Skills

Advanced MS Word training, Advanced MS Excel training, Advanced MS Power Point training, Advanced MS Project training, Adobe PhotoShop, MS Publisher.

Hobbies & Interests: Beach Volleyball, Team Sailing, Windsurfing, Rollerblading, and Skiing.