!! Forum Error Reading Threads

B

B Metelits

For the past 48 hours I have been unable to read threads returned from a search. I enter search criteria. The list of matching threads comes up. I click on a thread and see a page full of messages like this --->

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 19 in /usr/local/apache/sites/progresstalk.com/htdocs/forums/admin/functions.php on line 266

So....What's Up!?

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just tried to duplicate this problem myself but couldn't, the search seemed to work fine for me. However, I did just restart Apache on the server just in case, please feel free to try this again and let me know if you still have problems.

B

B Metelits

Still Broken

Chris,
Thanks for replying. Yes, it is still happening.

Try a new search.
For search criteria enter: odbc and unix and *trig*
Leave everything else as-is. Click Perform Search.
I get 9 results.
Click on any of the subjects under the Thread column.

Something interesting about this is that when pointing to the subject of under the Thread column, I can see the full URL that will be jumped to if I click. The arguments on that URL include my search criteria: odbc and unix and *trig*. I would have thought that the argument should be an index to that thread.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh looks like you found a bug with the "highlight" function for the search engine, and using wildcard characters. I will report this to the vBulletin developers that can hopefully fix this problem soon.

As a workaround, after you click on the thread you want to go to, remove the last part from the URL.... for your example, remove "&highlight=odbc+and+unix+and+%2Atrig%2A" from the URL that you click on, then it will work and you can see the thread.