error 140 while printing

cartagena

We have MFG/PRO running on HPUX 11.0, and we are getting an error '** Pipe to subprocess has been broken. (140)' when trying to print to a unix printer using lp -d command. The weird thing here is that it works with no problem at all for some users. All users where create through SAM in the same group and have the same priviliges.

Does anyone has any idea on whats happening here.

Thanks
Hector.

Attachments

• image12.gif
    image12.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 27

Ricardo Rafols

error 140

Can u send a screen of your printer manitenance?

I think that problem can in the printer configurations!

Regards,
Ricardo Rafols

cartagena

This is the printer maintenance screen:

mgmgmt05.p f+ 36.13.2 Printer Setup Maintenance 12/11/00
lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq Printer Definition qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
x Output To: remptr Type: FX80 x
x x
x Description: Epson FX 80 printer Lines / Page: 66 x
x Max Pages: 0 Scroll Output: no x
xDevice Pathname: lp -dremopt Spooler: no x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj
lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq Printer Control qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
x Initialize Command: x
x x
x Initialize Ctrl: x
x x
x 80-Col Start Ctrl: x
x x
x 132-Col Start Ctrl: x
x x
x Reset Ctrl: x
x x
x Reset Command: x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

The remopt is an optio virtual printer queue that is why there are no control sequences, we have tried with physical network printer also and we have got the same error.

Since we print to local printers through the tty session we did not have this problem until now that we want to use Unix print queues.

Regards,
Hector Cartagena

jjz

Firstly , in 36.13.2 , set spooler = yes , then try again.

Still problem ? Please run the following under HPUX

lp -dtheprinter a_file

What's the error message ?

Regards.
jjz.

cartagena

My mistake there, when we get the 140 error Spooler is set to Yes.
We changed it to no to see of that made a diference but it generated a file.

Regards.

Ricardo Rafols

error 140

cartagena

Are this report modified after the instalation in your MFG/Pro?

i see the error 140 and he said any about input/output through... its happen when we forget to put the inut or output close.

Can u send this program in my e-mail to analyse?

Regards,
Ricardo Rafols
ricardo_rafols@lycos.com

comatt1

Error 140 on HP UX11

In the beginning of July when we upgraded both to Progress 9.1c and HP-UX11, we experienced the same issue while printing tags. If you are still experiencing the same problem, please feel free to contact me, and I can tell you how our problem was resolved; both temporarily, and now permanently.

Jack wang

Error 140 on HP UX11

In the beginning of July when we upgraded both to Progress 9.1c and HP-UX11, we experienced the same issue while printing tags. If you are still experiencing the same problem, please feel free to contact me, and I can tell you how our problem was resolved; both temporarily, and now permanently.
can I know more details on your solution, I am facing the same issue...

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You may be better served to start your own thread, linking this one. Starting a new conversation on a thread that is 19 years old is unlikely to bear much fruit.