Broker is 'still starting'

GolfingProgress

My Webspeed broker won't start. It goes to 'still starting' status and stays there. There isn't any error messages.

I'm running Progress 9.1E and Webspeed 3.1E. My server runs Win 2003.

Has anyone had this same problem?

-Kyösti, Golf Talma Golf Club

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
sounds like it's trying to connect, i'd check the agents .pf file and starting
procedure

i ran into something similar with an appserver running dynamics, took a couple
of minutes to time out

YOSANTO

Hi ..

There're several status broker, such as
- starting
- available
- busy

in ur case,
maybe cause by "ur broker can't reach/connect ur database" ...

i ever have this problem before,
i try modify my ubroker.properties file, repair my script connection to database
than it's works :) ...
I'm running Progress 9.1D and Webspeed 3.1E. My server runs Linux Advance Server 3.

thx
regards Yosanto

ashok4s

Hi
Check if the propath for 'src' is included in the propath of Broker. Just add it and try to start the broker again.

Regards,
Ashok

Navin_Gupta

This problem always used to come when database is not started properly in multiuser mode and broker try to connect the database .

So first of all Check ur Database is started properly with the suitable service name.. and then restart the broker.

If still you are getting the same problem then create a new db and broker and try.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I think the best way to solve this is by first creating a new broker without any database connection but with the same portnumber and see if this one starts. If so, then the problem isn't with the broker but with the database connection.

Correct servicenumber or correct dbpath?

Casper.

Jens

Check the log-files for any interesting information. wsbroker1.server.log and wsbroker1.broker.log are default names (at least under solaris) and they are usually in your wrk-directory.

Best regards
Jens