XPRINT Report

Hai,,
Can anyone tell me how to insert a image in a report using Xprint Report Builder tool.
Actually i dont find any problem in inserting an image,
But am unable to resize it.

Thanks in Advance,
Santhosh.S

jakke

forgive me my copy paste but pay attention to the bottom note... :
Insert a picture file at the current point.

Syntax 1 : <[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]IMAGE
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial](left,top,right,bottom)[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]filename>

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial](Left,top,right,bottom) syntax is intended to select a given area within an image.

The four coordinates define an area from the source image.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]

Examples : <[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]IMAGE[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]C:\TEMP\4GL.bmp> <[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]IMAGE[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial](0,0,100,200)[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]c:\temp\4gl.bmp>

You can insert a bitmap anywhere in your page by <R> <C> or <AT> positioning. If the bitmap is inserted a the first object in a page, the bitmap is in the background since all other objects will be placed in the page foreground.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]I[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]mage stretching: [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]You can rescale the image inside the printer page.

Syntax 2 : <[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]IMAGE[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial](left,top,right,bottom)[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]#bookmark=filename>

This syntax allows defining the rectangle within you want to draw the image. The image will be expanded to fill the rectangle defined by the bookmark and the current point.

Example : <[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]IMAGE[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]#3=[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]C:\TEMP\4GL.[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]jpg[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]>

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]Note:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]the image proportions are always retained by vpxPrint. As a result, the image size can be smaller than expected to fit the region dimension. If you want to print images on different resolution printers, you must use the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]<Image#>[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial] syntax; otherwise the images will have different physical sizes with different printers[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial].[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]Supported formats :[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]vpxPrint[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial] supports insert of formats (*.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]bmp[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial], [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]*.jpg, *.wmf, *.emf, *.ico[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial][FONT=Helvetica,Arial]). [/FONT][/FONT]

Hai Jakke.,
Thanks for your help.
I Tried the above method already., its giving me the picture that i want to insert.
But its not able to resize it..
I hav a another doubt too..
Image(left,top,right,bottom) -->> wat is these left, top, right, bottom mean..?
its the row and colum number..? or..???
pls clear me this.
Bye.

Hi,

What we do here is use the following

"<R1><C2><#1><R+7><C+30><Image#1=somthing.jpg>"

where the picture is in the rectangle Row 1 Col 2 to Row+7 Col +30.

Hope that helps.

Mike