What Java IDE do you use?

regulatre

So far I've done all of my Progress/Java experimenting in the SQL explorer tool. It's getting to the point now where I need a real development IDE. I could copy my code out into my .net IDE, but that would be cumbersome as I make small changes, compile, fix things, make more changes...

Which Java IDE are other people using to develope stored procedures?

oenningj

Eclipse for Java IDE

Hi,

The best Java IDE IMHO is Eclipse (3.1). I don't use it for stored procedures, but for other Java development and it's by far the best on the market.
PS: I also believe it's soon overtaking the number of VS developers...

Regards
Jonny

regulatre

From your description it sounds like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm downloadint it now to give it a shot.

If my dreams come true, this IDE will have intellisense (like VS), syntax highlighting, etc...

regulatre

Hey I like this!

It's packed with useful features. Now I just have to find my way around. Thanks for the recommendation Jonny.

oenningj said:
Hi,

The best Java IDE IMHO is Eclipse (3.1). I don't use it for stored procedures, but for other Java development and it's by far the best on the market.
PS: I also believe it's soon overtaking the number of VS developers...

Regards
Jonny

gcampbell

And one of the biggest benefits .... Progress 10.1 utilizes the Eclipse Framework.

So if you start using it for your Java development you will be very used to the interface when you get into Progress 10.1 development.

Later,
Gordon