what is the BATCH OPTION ?

oldemanw

Batches can be used to run a program on a regular basis without interaction from the user.
E.g. we run MFG on a unix machine and we have crontab entries that execute every 15 minutes, every hour, every day and every week.

In MFG/Pro batchid's can be defined (e.g. hourly, daily). Then executing the batchprocessor from crontab will execute the submitted programs.

reshmaworld

I am trying to run the programs in a particular schedule.Can i run the program which is not in Mgfpro menu.And i dont have access for Crontab also.Please suggest how i will run the program using scheduler or Batch facility of Mfgpro_Or suggest other way how i will schedule the same.Thanks for the reply..

oldemanw

Reshmaworld, since you don't have access to the crontab, is there any cron entry starting an MFG/Pro batch? You will need something that triggers the launch of a program.
Regarding your other question: No, the program does not neccessarily have to be in the MFG/Pro menu.
(However, if it is, you should take care that the userid executing the batch is allowed to run the program).

reshmaworld

Currently i have manage to get access in crontab..but while i am running my cron tab it is giving error no :126 .Please help what i have to do to run a progress program.One more thing just for the information if i am trying to run the same program through progress editor it is running successfully n generating the output also.