Webspeed Workshop startup

Gurus!
I am not a newbie to Webspeed, but I have not used it in so long I might as well be.

I need to create a small app the will connect to my database and update a couple of fields. No biggie!

The problem is that no one at my current location ever used WebSpeed workshop, so it was up to me to perform the setup and configuration.

I have gotten as for as the Webspeed CGIIP Messenger Administration Utility using the broker that I created, hsbcapp1 (in Dev mode).

http://myapachesrvr/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/WService=hsbcapp1?WSMAdmin
Verify works! All good!

However, when I try to get to the work shop:

http://myapachesrvr/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/WService=hsbcapp1/workshop

WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)
Msngr: the specified service name does not exist or has a bad format. (5825): hsbcapp1

I am not sure what needs to be done. The messenger window gave me no grief over the service.

?????

Your help may just save my day!
Regards,
David

There is nothing written to the logs, that is part of the oddity of it. If I had errors then it would at least give me a shot. I only have one broker running and it verified int eh CGIIP Messenger page.

I checked out the article and opened in different browser just to be sure with the same results.

Just so it is out there
Linux RHEL 2.3 (old, I know).
OE 10.1C

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Just to clarify that the Apache and WebSpeed Brokers are on the same server?
Do you have SSL enabled on the CGI messenger and the Broker? If so try turning it off.

On the apache server what happens if you try and run the following command:

*Modify the path to you Progress Installation if need be.

/usr/dlc/bin/proenv
$DLC/bin/cgiip -i hsbcapp1
It should return something similar to " Unable to find web object file '' ". If that is working, you now know that your CGI Messenger is able to connect to the WebSpeed Broker.

Also I do believe that the Webspeed CGIIP Messenger Administration Utility acts independently the brokers.

MikePRGS

Hi David,

There are a few reasons you could be getting this error, but it is most likely a problem with your connection to the broker. Cecil has some great advice, try and make sure that all connections are in order.

It could be that your firewall is blocking the Broker/server connection, or the Broker isn't registered to the NameServer. We have a couple articles that I think could help you on our KB; one about the firewall and one about checking whether or not the Broker is communicating with the NameServer.