Webspeed on Linux Help!

Tony414

Hello,
We have webspeed installed on a Linux (Fedora 8) box. When trying to access the webpage that needs to use webspeed we are getting "
Msngr: Disconnecting - failed to receive header for the WEB_CGIIP_GET_PROG message. (5806)". Webspeed is set to point to our Symantec Firewall. The ports are open that need to be. We are just not sure if the problem is with the Linux box, or the Symantec Firewall or the configuration of Webspeed. If we try and telnet to the firewall with port 2533 we get connection refused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony414

Yes we checked that out. We are using different ports though. Is there a way to test the broker file out? What is that error msg actually telling me?

Tony

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
It can mean many things. I think you just need to check everything.
Is the broker running? and active?
Anything in the logfiles? (nameserver, adminserver, broker).
Is the agent registered with nameserver? (nsman -name <nameservername> - q).
Webserver logfiles?

There must be some indication what is wrong somewhere....

Casper.

Tony414

Ok. I am making some progress. No pun intended :) I am not getting the error from the intitial post anymore. We made a change to the .sh file. There was a typo in it. Now when trying to browse to the html file we get this:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, "my email address" and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Well, and what does the server.log and or broker.log file say?
Again this error can be caused by quite a number of things...

Casper.

Tony414

Hi Rick,
Sorry for the super long delay. I was just coming back to my post to see if anyone else has posted. No, we still haven't figured this out. We get an 8 second delay after we click on our online registration page. Which goes from our webserver (linux) through our firewall (symantec) then to our 2003 server where are application is, and back. We are almost certain our firewall is set up correctly. Any luck with yours?

Tony

Tony414

Ok Rick. I should have read my initial post :cool: Yes we did get that fixed. It was a problem with our firewall. Now we are experience an 8 second delay before the wepage pops up. If anyone has any ideas on this that would be great!!

Tony414

Oops! here are the attachments

Attachments

• wsrtlive.broker.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 8
  • wsrtlive.server.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 4

rhoelle

Tony,
Yes, we got it fixed but it was a webspeed configuration issue. I'm not 100% sure what fixed it because I did not work on it. Our system has the database on the same server as webspeed so it would not be a firewall issue.

Thanks for the reply though...
Rick