Webspeed help for a progress newbie

bino

Hi,

I am a developer working with webspeed on occassion. We utilize webspeed, and I need to create a report html page to list inventory for vendor products.

Our progress programmers are not very attuned to html or javascript and I'm not to strong in progress. I included an html file with the progress source that generates the display. I just need to have a drop down that allows the viewer to choose the title options to view and display them and also provide a sequence of pages if I only display 50 line items at a time.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S is there any comprehensive books on webspeed for app development on the market? Can I just connect via ODBC to progress so I can utilize Visual Interdev? Webspeed is solid, but I find it hard to find anyone in the web community who knows or who provides third party support for webspeed that integrates with tools like Homesite or Dreamweaver.

Thanks.

G3X7

I'm trying to do something along similar lines.

we have a copy of Progress 8.3B here at the company that is being used in combination with ShopPro.

what I need to do is (somehow) get the progress database connected to ODBC in windows so that I can access it from a Perl program that will do input/output with the database over the web.

thing is -- how can I get Progress to work with ODBC? I've downloaded and installed OpenLink's Virtuoso ODBC drivers for Progress, yet.. I'm clueless as to how I'm supposed to get the progress database to associate itself with an ODBC DSN.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!
-Ryan

PS. I've read a lot about the DataServer for ODBC... is that included with my release of Progress or not? and is it needed for what I'm attempting to do?