Turn Around DBA user Acess?

Luis Leite

Hello,
I have a acess problem to a progress database. I don't know the DBA user. Using 4GL desktop enviroment, making a "for each" to _user table i see some users like SYSPROGRESS, XUSER, and so on... but password are encrypted, i think ?!?! In _sysdbauth there are SYSPROGRESS user, but i don't have write acess to the table. Well, in such case can't configura a ODBC connection using DataDirect 4.1 Driver. So, can't create users, can't change acess settings or passwords from the existing users, so how can i grant database acess using 4GL editor?

Thanks...

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I suppose you must have acces to the data administration?
If so then connect to database and delete user sysprogress (admin/security/edit user list in data administration), make new user sysprogress with password you know and connect to database with sql-explorer with user sysprogress and the correct password. If connected you can grant the appropiate permissions to the users who need them.

Look also at KB 20143, 19170, P10716, P55080, P70813, P69283, P96654

HTH,

Casper.

Luis Leite

Thank you Casper.
Well, As you say, I have acess to the data Administration... but I make a connection without any user, even if a use YSER, couldn't edit user list (don't have Data administration acess). So can't edit SYSPROGRESS user password. So, in the KB P69283, there are some 4GL code. I will try use that code...
Best Regards.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
KB P69283 has 4GL script to generate sql script to grant permissions. If you want to execute this then you have to be connected to the database (ODBC, JDBC). So if you don't have a user which can grant permissions. (you cant log in as sysprogress or creator of the DB), then you probably have to ask your suplier to arange this for you, otherwise you have a problem.

If you only have runtime license it's hard to develop....

Casper.

Luis Leite

Ok Casper. I have already a Developer licence. That's not a problem. The question is that the database creator is unknown. My solution is French, called VcsTimeless, and is a industry solution supported in a progress database. Until now, i couldn't acess using ODBC, but in data dictionary have acess. Thanks for your help.
Luis Leite