Timeouts with ODBC connections

danieldunn10

Hi, I have created a web application which links to a progress database through an ODBC connection. This is my connection string in my application.

Dim MyConnection As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection = New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection("DSN=2501;DB=sosdb;UID=dd;PWD=mypassword;HOST=myserver;PORT=2511")

The page takes roughly on average about 40 seconds to load, because I have a query on a large table. Sometimes though the page times out and the error message generated is below

Is there anything I can do? I’ve tried creating timeout settings in my codes, setting the Progress driver on the client and server to longer timeout settings (and 0).

I've also tried setting PROSQL_LOCKWAIT_TIMEOUT

Thanks Very much

Server Error in '/Management' Application.

ERROR [HYT00] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Timeout expired.
ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Query aborted on user request (7495)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HYT00] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Timeout expired.
ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Query aborted on user request (7495)