syteline printing in citrix

matjayson930

Im currently testing an ERP name Syteline to work with citrix. Everything works fine except for printing. There is an option on the application to print on clients default printer. when i enable this option all printing jobs are routed on citrix server default printer not on the client local printer or the clients auto-created printer. How can i fix problemIm using PS 4 win 2003 standard.policies was set to auto create default printer only.

tecpeople

If your Syteline Printer Defaults are defined correctly with the UNC path to the printers, printing should work perfect. I would not recommend using "PRINTER" as the default printer name. This assumes that the client has a local default printer; and this works for most windows applications, but Syteline really doent make good use of native Microsoft printers, thus using the UNC path to the printer will ensure that printing always works because UNC paths dont change like the Citrix auto map printers which change dynamicly upon login/logout of Citrix/Terminal Server.

Jason
jason @ tecpeople.net