SQL query's on a progress db slow after update

gerie

I am testing an update from 10.1B to 10.1C. Not a big deal IMO. :-(

All my applications work fine. Imports are working fine. The database seems fine.

But when my external programms try to read via a SQL query on my database, the query's are extremely slow. In stead of seconds, the output takes hours.
I tried to rebuild the indexes, but that didn't seem to fasten performance.

Does anyone have a clue as where to begin looking?
Do I maybe need new ODBC drivers?
Could the indexes have changed by the update?

gerie

I cannot seem to move the subject. So eventhough I appear to be in the wrong forum, I'll continue anyway and hope one of the moderators will move this thread to the SQL forum.

I wasn't familiar with the updated statistics statements. Been reading about those updated statistics and although that might be the key, I keep getting errors when I try to perform this action.

Error: [DataDirect][OpenEdge JDBC Driver][OpenEdge] Syntax error in SQL statement at or about "UPDATE TABLE STATISTICS FOR PUB.admdat " (10713)
SQLState: HY000
ErrorCode: -210056
Error occured in: All the tables.

I made statements for all the individual tables, like this:

UPDATE TABLE STATISTICS AND INDEX STATISTICS AND ALL COLUMN STATISTICS FOR PUB.z_text;
UPDATE TABLE STATISTICS AND INDEX STATISTICS AND ALL COLUMN STATISTICS FOR PUB.z_uset;
COMMIT WORK;

Also tried the:

UPDATE TABLE STATISTICS FOR PUB.z_text;
UPDATE TABLE STATISTICS FOR PUB.z_uset;
COMMIT WORK;

What am I doing wrong?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
SQL doesn't like "_" (or ("-").

Add quotes around the table names:

UPDATE TABLE STATISTICS AND INDEX STATISTICS AND ALL COLUMN STATISTICS FOR PUB."z_uset";
COMMIT WORK;