[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How to find CLASS definition file .cls to be compiled before compiling .p

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Judge

I am looking for an option in COMPILE statement that for a given .p will provide me the list of .cls, CLASS definition files, that I need to recompile first in order to do a successful .p compile. Can I get that with my current 11.7 or future versions of Progress? Dmitri, Are you thinking of something like a ( completely pseudo-code) COMPILE foo.p LIST-DEPENDENCIES That might be a worthy thing to add to the Ideas section. That might be any thing a class inherits from and any interfaces it implements. For classes and procedures, it could be any variables (and properties) defined as OOABL types, and any return values or parameters defined (that are OOABL types). Tools (anyone's) could consume that output (find any r-code and check the last-compiled date?) and do the necessary work - whether that's building a single program and its dependencies, or building a tree-of dependencies. Or could a new XREF type be useful instead of/in addition to?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.